Year after year, old-school pickup trucks continue to remain best-sellers because of their inherent toughness and versatility. Trucks powered by diesel engines are an all-time favorite for most buyers. Customers prefer these because of their high hauling and towing capacities.
Here are the top six diesel trucks available for sale.
- The 2018 Honda Ridgeline’s carlike frame hinders its maximum towing capacity. There is plenty of space for four adults to sit comfortably. It comes with unique storage solutions including a twin action access that could open down or sideways. Lockable and under bed options exist for storing valuables or for use as a beverage cooler. The 2018 Honda Ridgeline is one of the best options for towing up to 5,000 pounds. Anything more than that would not suit this vehicle. With a horsepower of 280, their starting price is $30,705 approximately.
- An off-road champion, the Toyota Tacoma has long been the favorite for its trail tracking performance. The truck has diverse features which include adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking and a pre-collision system. The manual transmission, powerful V6 engine, comfortable steering sit, and easy to use touchscreen features are some of the best qualities of this diesel truck.
- The Chevrolet Colorado is one of the best in class for toy haulers. This diesel truck is available for sale at a price of $21,195 approximately. It has a pretty decent on-road performance and a powerful V6 engine. Its entertainment system is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- The 2018 Ram 1500 is a savior on rough roads. Apart from the traditional leaf spring stoppage in the rear suspensions, the all-new Ram uses coil spring that provides a remarkably relaxed ride. Even with a weighed down bed, this car’s setup allows for an optimal air suspension. This diesel truck is available for sale at a price of $28,490 approximately.
- The Ford F-150 might not have Ram’s unique ride quality, but it does have its distinctive selling points. The bed and body panels are made up of high strength aluminum, which means that it has a lower weight than its competitors in this segment. The F-150 has a leading tow rating and a maximum payload capacity of 3,000 pounds. The twin-turbo V6 engine offers excellent fuel economy to top off an exceptional performance.
- The 2018 Ram 2500 is a vehicle in the limelight for its rear coil spring suspension, which provides a more comfortable ride than other pickup trucks. The air suspension holds the workhorse level for towing or hauling heavy cargo. Buyers can choose the Mega Cab model which provides more room than a crew cab. This is one of the best diesel trucks because the space behind the rear seats can be adjusted for passenger comfort.
If you find these options too expensive, you can look up some used diesel trucks for sale. Also, keep an eye out for upcoming diesel truck models to ensure that you get the best deals on the latest vehicles.