Toyota has its own used car sales segment that flawless manages through their used car certification program. The Toyota Certified Used Vehicles (TCUV) program was launched in 1996 on the basis of Toyota’s timeless commitment to offer high quality, innovation, and durability. Through this program, Toyota promotes the concept of bettering a product to make it last longer even if it is a used car. The program has gained momentum with each passing year and has been able to sell over three million cars till date.
There is a list of rigorous inspection points in Toyota’s process of certification of used cars, and this applies from the time a dealer acquires a vehicle until the time it is sold to a buyer. This ensures that only the best vehicles get the seal of approval for Toyota’s certification. The eligibility criteria for used Toyota cars under this certification are as follows:
- Models that are anywhere between one to six years old.
- Has run up to a maximum of 85,000 miles on the odometer.
- All vehicles need to go through a free review of a Carfax vehicle history report.
There are several advantages of buying used Toyota cars from a certified and authorized dealer as compared to a private seller. Some of the key benefits of the TCUV program are as follows:
- A comprehensive warranty coverage policy of 12 months or 12,000 miles that begins from the date when, the vehicle was originally sold as new and covers major components like engine, transmission, and all internally lubricated parts.
- A 7 year or 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. Apart from component coverage, it offers protection against any vehicle breakdown while travelling more than 150 miles from home like lodging and reimbursement on meal expenses. It also takes care of providing reimbursement on substitute transportation during any TCUV repair time.
- Free roadside assistance for one year- including services for flat tires, lockout, jump starts, towing, and fuel delivery with toll-free helpline available for service round the clock on all days of the year.
- Services can be availed at over 1,400 Toyota dealers in the country and in Canada.
- A rigorous Quality Assurance Inspection with 160 points for a conventional car and 174 checkpoints for hybrids, is currently the best certifying process in the market.
- Reconditioning of the vehicle is done by technicians, who are trained in the Toyota factory.
- Availability of standard financing rates as that of a new car.
- Extended warranty coverage packages are transferable at no cost in case of resale.
- Better resale value of cars.
- Acceptance of trade-ins.
- Easy handling of all transaction and DMV paperwork.
- All terms and conditions are clearly mentioned and transparent in the contract.