Auto damages such as accidents, bumps, dents, and scratches go almost hand-in-hand with vehicle ownership. The best way to stay safe is by purchasing the right auto insurance policy. However, a lot of buyers feel overwhelmed because of the wide variety of choices available, and this calls for filtering the best auto insurance companies.
Just like any other state in the country, drivers need auto insurance coverage in Washington too. You will find numerous auto insurance companies in Washington that offer both cheap and premium quotes for all kinds of clients.
Under the Washington state’s auto insurance law, the mandate is to have liability insurance of a minimum amount. Alternatively, you can avail a minimum amount of $60,000 as a liability bond. Following is the mandated insurance amount as per the state’s law:
- A minimum cover of $25,000 for bodily injuries and death to another person.
- A minimum insurance cover of $50,000 for bodily injuries and death of two or more people.
- In case of property damage of another individual, the driver needs to have a cover of $10,000 at least.
- Auto insurance requirements in Washington do come with an exception. It does not apply to motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, antique vehicles, and government-owned vehicles.
Now, that you know the minimum requirements, you need to find some auto insurance companies. Here is a list of some of the best auto insurance companies in Washington with their annual quotes to get you started:
- PEMCO Insurance: Starting from $627- $774 annually, this insurance company provides excellent deals.
- GEICO: You can avail auto insurance starting from $627 to $821 annually.
- Farmers Insurance: With yearly auto insurance quotes of around $962, this insurance company offers some discounts and perks too.
- State Farm: At around $774, this insurance company offers very cheap insurance coverage quotes for young drivers.
- Metromile: This insurance company is unique as it charges fees on a per mile basis.
- USAA: This is a workable option for military members.
- Erie: The annual rates for auto insurance quoted by this company are around $1347.
- Progressive: This auto-insurance company is slightly expensive as its rates start from $2246 approximately.
- Liberty Mutual: With annual quotes of $2748 approximately, this company is one of the most expensive choices on our list. However, their services make them worth the price.
- Allstate: They offer several discounts and different insurance coverages.
The above-mentioned insurance companies offer different plans for high-risk drivers who have a history of accidents. While it comes with a high premium, drivers get to ride their vehicles legally in the state of Washington.
On average, auto insurance in Washington costs almost $884 annually, which is a fair deal. Also, many companies provide teen driver insurance at prices as low as $438 per month. However, if these teen insurance plans are linked to their parent’s policies, the monthly prices can drop to around $278.
Before going to one of these companies to get your insurance, do check if you have the minimum proof required to avail of auto insurance. Also, don’t forget to carry proof of car insurance whenever needed.